You Filed My Taxes, Now What?
Internal Revenue Service
- Where’s my refund? https://www.irs.gov/refunds
- Where’s my amended return? https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return
- Download the IRS2Go App: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs2goapp
- The nearest IRS office is at: 5123 Research Dr NW, Huntsville, AL 35805. Its phone number is (844) 545-5640.
- IRS phone numbers – scroll all the way to the bottom of this page: https://www.irs.gov/help/telephone-assistance. If you call the IRS, try calling first thing in the morning or after 2:00 p.m. on Fridays.
Alabama Department of Revenue (AL DOR)
- Where’s my Alabama refund? https://myalabamataxes.alabama.gov
- AL DOR phone numbers – scroll down to see them all at: https://revenue.alabama.gov/contact/
- There is an AL DOR office at: 4920 Corporate Dr NW H, Huntsville, AL 35805. Its phone number is (256) 837-2319.
- In general, the AL DOR is easier to contact and deal with than the IRS.
Please don’t ask us to check the status of your return. The IRS does have a Practitioner Priority Service (PPS) phone number, but it should only be used when you receive troubling mail from the IRS.
It’s also EXTREMELY hard to get through to the IRS, even on the PPS number.