Rocket City Tax Accounting provides a variety of tax and accounting services for small businesses, individuals, and nonprofits. The Managing Owner, Gwen Harrison, is an Intuit-Certified QuickBooks Online Advanced ProAdvisor with more than 15 years of experience. We charge $94 per hour, with a $100 minimum monthly fee for maintenance clients. Work is exchanged by dropoff at our office, or via USPS, FedEx, document scanning, and/or file upload to secure cloud storage.
Schedule a Meeting
Rocket City Tax Accounting uses QuickBooks Online exclusively. Which version is right for you?
QBO features the security and convenience of cloud accounting. The QBO file does not have to be moved around between different users because it’s hosted in the cloud. It works on either Mac or Windows computers. QBO uses bank-level, military-grade, 256-bit encryption. (Google “QuickBooks Online Test Drive” for a peek.) Please note, however, that QBO is not suited for all clients. QuickBooks Online is subscription based, and you can pay monthly or annually. As an Official QuickBooks Business Affiliate, we can offer you a 50% discount on your first 3 months of QuickBooks Online. Click here to learn more.
QBDT is less user-friendly, but is more cash efficient if you have multiple companies. If more than one person will be using your QBDT file(s), the file for each company must be moved around between user computers or cloud hosted with QBox (cheapest), Swizznet, RightNetworks, or a similar service. Moving a QBDT file from a Mac computer to a Windows computer requires a tricky conversion. You will need to purchase a license for each computer on which you need to run QuickBooks in your office. And you must renew those licenses on at least a biannual basis, preferably annually. QuickBooks “sunsets” or discontinues support for each version when it reaches 3 years of age, meaning Intuit stops plugging the security holes and it then becomes more vulnerable to computer hackers. Also, after 3 years both the Bank Feed and Payroll will no longer work. Please note we are no longer supporting QuickBooks Desktop, but use QuickBooks Online exclusively.
We provide the following services for our QuickBooks Online maintenance clients:
- On the Banking Screen, we run your bank feed update and categorize your transactions. We update uncategorized transactions for which you’ve provided additional info since the last update.
- We check financial and other custom QuickBooks Online reports to detect errors.
- Account Reconciliations: All bank, credit card, and loan accounts are reconciled monthly. We will need PDF copies of your account statements. You can use our secure client portal, TaxDome, to share those with us. If you’d rather not do that task yourself, and are comfortable doing so, you can set up a “statements only” login for us with your bank. Check with your bank for details.
- Financial statement review: We analyze the Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss, and Statement of Cash Flows for errors. You can then review those reports in QuickBooks, or we can create a short video for you in which we review those statements. Either way, at bare minimum we encourage you to review your Profit and Loss report at the end of each month.
- We execute standard year-end closing procedures followed by all accounting professionals, and review your books with a fine-toothed comb to ensure they are ready for tax prep.
Other Services (Billed at Hourly Rate)
- QuickBooks phone and email support, provided by an Intuit-Certified QuickBooks Online Advanced ProAdvisor.
- Payroll processing
- Payroll tax filings (monthly, quarterly, and/or annual)
- Sales tax filings
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable management
- QuickBooks setup, catchup, and/or cleanup
- QuickBooks Desktop conversion to QuickBooks Online