Rocket City Tax Accounting maintains client books in accordance with standard accounting policies and practices, such as those laid out by the Financial Accounting Standards Board as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Not all businesses are required to follow GAAP–only those whose stock is publicly traded or if they provide financial statements to people outside the business, such as investors. Nevertheless, we strive to implement GAAP as much as possible, along with widely accepted business accounting policies and procedures. After all, part of our job is to protect you from audits and other IRS entanglements.
Gwen Harrison is an experienced, Intuit-certified Advanced QuickBooks Online (QBO) ProAdvisor, QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) ProAdvisor (since 2008), and QuickBooks Point of Sale (QBPOS) ProAdvisor (for retail businesses). She and her team strive to ensure accuracy and efficiency in clients’ bookkeeping processes. Her education and experience are summarized below. She is a member of the American Institute for Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB), the American Payroll Association, and the National Association of Tax Professionals. She is also a Master Certified Microsoft Office Specialist.
- Gwen’s LinkedIn Profile
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor Profile
- Advanced QuickBooks Online Certifications (PDF) :: Download
- QuickBooks Desktop Certifications (PDF) :: Download
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Certifications (PDF) :: Download
- 2021 IRS Annual Filing Season Program Record of Completion :: Download
- University of Illinois U.S. Federal Taxation Courses :: Download
- Reference Letters 1989-Present (PDF) :: Download
- Gwen’s Resume (PDF) :: Download
- Gwen’s upWork Profile
- Outstanding Student in Advanced Accounting and Regional FBLA Certificates (PDF) :: Download
- Columbus Technical College Diploma and Transcript (PDF) :: Download
- Master Microsoft Office Specialist Certificate (PDF) :: Download
Greg Harrison holds an MBA in Business Administration and a BBA in Finance. His role with Rocket City Tax Accounting is part-time, as he has worked for The Boeing Company for almost 20 years at a Procurement Agent IV on the Space and Defense side of the company. He also holds an additional 15 years of experience in working for defense and commercial companies. At The Boeing Company, he has sourced a variety of machined metal parts and other components for the International Space Station (ISS), Space Launch System (SLS), and Commercial Crew programs. He has also sourced numerous military aircraft components, custom tooling, computer applications and equipment, and MRO. His duties further include generating complex price analyses, contract management and administration, and price negotiations. He has 25 years of experience with Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR).
All of our subcontractors pass a thorough background check, and must pass a short exam comprised of complex accounting questions.
- Quickbooks Online Advanced ProAdvisor
- Syft Certified Advisor
- Member, Digital Bookkeeper Association
- Graduate, Bookkeeper Launch
Bailee (LL), Becca (UL), Max (UR), and BooBoo (LR) Harrison do an outstanding job of ensuring employees take 4-5 computer breaks daily. They lead intense games of Fetch, Tug-of-War, and Catch Me if You Can. They are also a very effective Security Force, protecting the facility from mail, garbage, recycling, FedEx, and UPS trucks, in addition to other dogs, cats, loud bugs, large boxes, and anything else that arouses their suspicions. Additional duties include volunteer QC testing for way too many dog toy manufacturers. You can hire well-qualified equivalents for your organization at Alabama Boston Terrier Rescue, Inc.